Monday, April 18, 2011

Raspberry Island Ice-Out 2011: Day 12

It's a chilly 42 degrees today and the ice isn't doing much. It's still nearly completely white and snow-covered. We might have about four more days of isolation before we can leave, and I have one onion left. (I have dried onions on hand for situations like this so it's okay.) Gary savored his last Golden Oreo after lunch today, so things are starting to look dire.






I will now post the before and after photos of the newly finished kitchen. The first was taken at the beginning of April, the second taken today, April 18th. Gary made the cabinets himself, with much-appreciated help from his friend Bob, in Bob's workshop, and brought them to the island to install. They are *beautiful*!!! 

Before: Hillbilly Heaven!
After: Hand-crafted by Gary, varnished by Janet
The ice is opening up around the island quite a bit, as you can see. This is the state of things between the south end of the island and our car. A crack opened yesterday, leading straight to the car, but it iced back over overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a nice, gentle comment. :-)