Would you believe I only took one photograph on kiln opening day?! We invited folks out to witness the kiln opening, 5 days after the firing, and had a party while we were at it.
The results from the firing were pretty good: nothing exploded, nothing was ruined. But in our excitement, during firing, that we had accomplished the high temperature we were aiming for, we forgot to lower the temperature for a reduction phase in the firing. Instead, we turned everything off and went to bed, tired and happy. As a result, we ended up with more beige than we would have liked in the final glazes.
There were some lovely pieces, though, and we auctioned them off to raise funds for a friend of ours who is undergoing chemotherapy for ovarian cancer. So: nothing to show after all that effort, except this photo of the kiln opening. I will do better next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a nice, gentle comment. :-)