Sunday, May 19, 2013

Fawn season


This morning we were out scouting for places to plant new cedar and tamarack trees. Down near the south campfire we were talking away -- blah blah blah -- when I looked down and saw this. The poor little thing must have been terrified, and we hadn't even known it was there.

Gary took a few quick photos and we vacated the area and won't go back there for a few days. It's "hidden" right in the yard of the guest cabin and we are expecting company next week, so I hope its mother moves it before then.

Just two days ago I was so angry at our island deer for nipping off every tulip bulb in my new bed of 100 tulips. But now all is forgiven -- for the time being. There's something about a fawn that makes you forget how awful their adult versions can be. I guess all babies are that way!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for keeping me informed. You both are special people & the Island is a very unique place to add to my list of favorites. rmn

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a nice, gentle comment. :-)